Hiring great employees is one matter – keeping them with your company is a whole other ball game. Some of today’s best companies have very high employee retention rates and there is a lot that can be learned from the strategies they use to retain their staff. A happy employee is a productive employee, and you may be surprised at how simple it can be to boost your retention rates.
- Make them feel needed within your organization. No one wants to feel disposable. Let your employees know, on a regular basis, how much you appreciate their contributions and how necessary they are to your day-to-day operations.
- Allow them to advance. Keeping employees stuck in the same position for numerous years can lead to a high turnover rate. Most employees want at least some chance to advance in their careers and achieve their goals. Make sure you hire from within and that all of your employees understand what it is needed to advance in your company.
- Keep the work environment fun. A gloomy workplace is soon an empty workplace. You can keep your employees happy by making sure the environment is pleasing and as stress-free as possible. Hire a professional decorator to make the work area less industrial and more welcoming. Even simple touches can transform a stark office into a happy workplace.
- Offer unique benefits. Not all employees are motivated by money. Find unique ways to reward your employees such as offering paid days off for achieving their goals, special office parties, or even regular treats that make employees feel valued.
- Never lose the personal touch. Corporate drones are not only unproductive and uninspired, they don’t often stick around very long. Make an effort to learn your employee’s names and address them personally when you see them.
With just a little effort on your part, you can keep your team members happy, productive and ensure that they will be with your company for the long haul.